Sunday, August 16, 2009

'Scuse me while I whip this out

Mom went to the emergency room last night with some complications and they decided to admit her for a couple of days. And when the night nurse came on duty and was checking things over, she remarked on the ostomy mom still currently has after the bowel resection last Halloween. They're planning on reversing it next month.

"I had cancer too," she told my mom. "I had breast cancer and had a double mastectomy. I had reconstructive surgery and they did a really great job."

wait for it.






waaaaaaaaaait for it.




"See??"



Yes. She. Did. The nurse, understandably proud of being a cancer survivor, and feeling that she was encouraging my mother in her battle, and I don't know, maybe feeling some sort of Surgical Sisterhood going on... she pulled the top of her scrubs and her bra up.

And displayed her bare breasts to my startled mother.


And this serves to illustrate that the trait of having the most bizarre things happen is clearly hereditary.

3 comments:

queenrandom said...

Oh good LORD. I thought all females learned the lesson of not baring ourselves in public when we wore our first beautiful dress at the Christmas parade in front of the whole church and needed to hide our face suddenly. Or was that just me?

a Tonggu Momma said...

Hey now... I wonder if that was my mom. (Kidding. I'm kidding, y'all. My momma is a teacher, not a nurse.)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How confident of her. I'm glad she's happy with her breasts, though.